Personal Data Protection Notice For Customers
Best Book Summary (BBS) will process your personal data as listed below which have/has been provided by you to BBS
- Email Address;
- Professional membership number for e.g., MIA membership number and
- Contact details including house phone number, mobile phone number, email address, home address and mailing address;
(collectively hereinafter referred to as "the personal data").
We will process the personal data for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the provisioning our services to you;
- for the maintenance of customer database and customer service related processes;
- for billing and financial purposes;
- for administrative purposes;
- to meet legal and statutory requirements;
- for contact purposes;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- research purposes including historical and statistical record keeping purposes;
- general operation and maintenance of the services provided by BBS;
- matching any data held by BBS or its group of companies (if any) relating to you from time to time;
- providing you with regular communications (other than direct marketing materials) relating to the services provided by BBS; and
- investigating complaints and suspected suspicious transactions.
This information is necessary to us. If you do not provide all the information as requested, we will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting our capacity to accomplish the above stated purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose the personal data to the following parties for the purposes stated above:
- our agents and service providers (including those located overseas) providing services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected;
- third parties (including those located overseas) who provide data processing services;
- in circumstances where delay or default of payment has occurred, to our appointed lawyers, debt collection agencies, credit-reporting agencies; and
- any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
We may also disclose the personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (i) comply with requirements of any law enforcement agency, court order or legal process; or (ii) protect and defend rights or property of BBS, its personnel and its related and /or group of companies.
Access, corrections and complaints
If you would like to make any enquiries or complaints or request access or correction of the personal data, you may email our Personal Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Any request to access or correct the personal data may be subject to a fee and also to requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Where you elect to limit our right to process the personal data, you may also contact the abovementioned Personal Data Protection Officer, in writing.